Today I’m going to share with you a very simple and easy recipe to make ABC soup. I almost do this every week because its so easy that every time when we come back from work, we can just eat it straight. By the way, I use a slow cooker to make this soup.
(1 – Pai Kwat soak in salt and hot water, 2 – Pour out the hot water after 5 mins, 3 – Ingredients (1 peeled carrot, onion (not peeled yet), 2 tomatoes and 1 peeled potato), 4 – All ingredients chopped into small pieces)
Total servings: 4 bowls (4 persons)
1 medium size carrot
1 medium size potato (size of your fist)
1 medium size onion (size of your fist)
4 pieces pai kwat (Pork bone or pork ribs)
1 red apple (optional)
1. Rinse the pork with water and rub the pork with the salt to clean it
2. Soak the pork (with the salt) with hot boiled water for 3 – 5 minutes to remove the fatty oil
3. Remove carrot and potato skin and chop into small pieces
4. Remove the outer layer of the onions, cut into half and start peeling the onions
5. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces
6. (Optional) Remove the red apple skin and chop into small pieces. Remove the seeds.
7. Pour away the hot water and rinse the pork again
8. Put everything (carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, pai kwat and red apples) into the slow cooker
9. Pour 4 bowls of water (3000ml)
You can leave it overnight, or you can drink it after 5 hours. So by the time you get home from work, it is ready to drink. Just put it on low fire. I don’t add salt or MSG to this soup because my husband and I thought that the soup tastes rich and good enough to drink without it. You can add salt if you find that the soup is tasteless. Or other alternative is to add 1 or 2 more tomatoes in it. But so far with my ingredients above, I don’t have to add anything.
Actually you can add many things into ABC soup, depending on how big is your slow cooker. You can add vegetable like white raddish or old cucumber, or even spinach.
What other ingredients that you would normally add into ABC soup? Let me know on your comments below!
Today I’m going to share with you what’s on my juicing recipe for “The Green Juice”
How often do you juice? I used to do it every weekend, but after that I got a little bit lazy on washing the juicing machine after. Hehe. But nevertheless, I try to make it a habit to do juicing at least once every week.
The Green Juice Recipe (for 2 person / 2 cups)
2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Cucumbers (big ones)
2 stalks Celery
1 bunch spinach / kale (optional)
Caution: Please do not add water or sugar!
Yes folks! You heard me. It is purely all juice and it’s good for your health. This would be good for kids too, if they do not like to eat vegetable, you can juice it and mixed with other fruits. Please do not add water or sugar, or other type of flavourings. Just gulp it down!
Did You Know?
How healthy is juicing?
1. Promotes weight loss
2. Boost your immune system
3. Increase your energy
4. Support your brain health
The fruity benefits:
1. Granny Smith Apples
- Rich in vitamin c = rich in antioxidant = FREE RADICALS! Say NO to heart disease, stroke and diabetes
- Low calories + high fiber contain = weight loss
- Regulate Blood Sugar level
- White Colgate Smile = Happy, healthy teeth. There is a popular saying that goes ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away!’
- Regular heartbeat
- Healthy brain = Prevention from Alzheimers’ Disease
- Rich in antioxidant and reduce the risk of cancer
- Fresh breathe
- Promotes healthy digestion with the help of the cucumber skin. Cucumber skins contain insoluble fiber, which helps to add bulk to your stool and smoothen the track on its way out! So do not remove the skin when you juice!
- Maintain healthy weight and lower blood pressure
- Anti cancer
- Lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and blood pressure
- Cleans up your colon and stomach = prevention from colon and stomach cancer!
- Aids in weight loss
- Beat the bloat! Find out what other foods that can help to beat the bloat here
In summary, this Green Juice actually helps in weight loss, stress reliever and good for your heart. If I do other juicing recipe, I would also add in celery (a stalk or two). And believe me, I really think that celery is naturally sweet!
Do you have other juice recipe that you would normally do? Feel free to share your recipe below!