Last week I finally had my facial treatment. And my last facial was in February after Chinese New Year (3 months ago, eek!!) I wasn’t being lazy, I was busy working and I’ve got no time to make appointment. Every time when I want to make appointment, they are always full and I would always be placed in their waiting list. So now, every after facial I would immediately book my appointment for next month, together with my hubby!
How often do you facial?
It is strongly advisable to go for facial at least once a month. I have been doing that every year since I sign up the facial package. For me, it is part of my beauty routine to include facial as facial is consider a “full facial treatment” because it helps to:
1. Deep cleanse your pores to remove all the bacteria that clogs up your pores which leads to whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. How it causes the clog is because of your face oil and also because of your make up. That’s why getting the right product to remove your make up is also important, but sometimes this product does not remove 100% entirely. Professional facial centres has the proper tools (not to worry, no needles involve here) and products that can help not only to clean your pores, but also the restore them the way it should be.
2. Boost your skin hydration. Everyday we are exposed to air conditioning be it at workplace, shopping malls or home. But most of the time is at workplace. Air conditioning tends to dry up your skin and can lead to clogged pores too because of the facial oil. These facial oil here means the oil is produced from your face, which leads to oily skin. How it leads to oily skin is because of clogged pores. And when the pores are clogged, thats when all the blackheads and pimples pops out. Most facial has a hydration treatment that feeds your skin with water! Plus with their professionally trained beauticians they know how to massage your face correctly and the products that they use helps to hydrate your skin and repair all the dead cells.
3. Relaxation is the key. While facials may take up to 2 hours, it is a great time to relax and enjoy the facial massages. With all the massages in placed, these beauticians already know the methods on how each facial massages can help to make your face slimmer, tighter, and radiant all over again. They would also play soft relaxing music and apply lavender essence oil for the massage, how not to relax and fall asleep?
The package that I would always take is the hydration package and stem cell package.
Hydration package includes moisturising your face with extra boost of water which will leave your skin dewy, soft, supple and radiant.
Stem Cell package is an anti ageing treatment which reduces fine lines and wrinkles, improves collagen and hydrates skin intensely. I love love love this Stem Cell package because it helps me to shape my face by making it look slimmer and sharper too. It has given me a proven result the first time I did this Stem Cell treatment, and till now, it never fails me. I have just sign up another package for this again. Though its on the high price side, but it was worth it for me and it has proven me results.
My husband did facial with me too, but of course in a separate room. They have dedicated space for females and males. My husband also love their facial treatment. The package that I got for him is a Cleansing package. He has a very nice smooth skin, but the problem is the blackheads around his nose. This package is suitable for him because it helps to clear up the clogged pores and blackheads, and eliminates dead skin cells. At the same time, it will help to tighten up the pores and maintain the moisture which will result in healthy and revitalized skin.
Before you make any decision, there are few tips that I would like to share with you before signing up for facial package:
1. Google up that professional beauty centres near you and read what other customers’ view of them
2. Before signing up a package, the beautician will have to check and analyse what type of skin you have first: normal, dry, oily, sensitive or combination and will then recommend you which package is suitable for you. Share with them your concern and ask for their advice on how to go about it. For example I have combination skin (oily and sensitive). So first they would recommend me to fix up my skin, so they recommended me hydration package. After few sessions with this package, they would then check the condition of my skin. My skin gradually improves so thats when then they allowed me to take Stem Cell package because that was what I wanted: an anti ageing treatment. If the beautician was being too pushy and simply sell you the package, they are not doing the right thing because you would never know whether the product that they using are suitable for your skin, right?
3. Buy that facial package in small quantity. Or if they are having “ala carte” promo, just take it. Like I mentioned above, you don’t know whether their product is suitable for your skin. At the same time, whether you like the way they do the facial massages and the method that they use. But of course you can always request for another beautician on your next facial appointment if you are not pleased with the previous one.
4. Consider facial as your lifetime investment. At least once a month will do. If you don’t do it often, you will not see the result. Plus, this is a natural beauty regime compared to having botox and injections to your face. One of my beauty motto is to age gracefully. Confidence is the key! Look at other celebrities who aged gracefully, like Michelle Pheiffer, Tina Fey, Sandra Bullock to name a few.
I hope that this posts about facial helps you in a way. All this are based on my thoughts and opinions only. If you have any advices or questions, kindly feel free to comment below!